(Bhagara Bhaigan)ak Paneer
- Dry roast peanuts/groundnuts until raw smell is gone, add
sesame seeds and coconut in the same pan and fry for 1 to 2 minutes and take away from
heat. Keep a lid handy as sesame seeds splitter all around.
- Grind all the items under For paste:
- Slit the brinjals into four , not fully (keeping the stem
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chillies, onions and fry until
- Add brinjals, stir for some time. Pour the ground paste,
salt and little water.See the taste and add chilli powder or salt according to taste.
- Cover and cook until brinjal are cooked and gravy is thick,
stirring once in a while.
- Serve hot with fried rice, chapatti or plain rice.
- Brinjals - 8 small
- Onions - 1 medium
- Green chillies - 4
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- For paste:
- Onion chopped - 1 cup
- Groundnuts - 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds (optional) - 2 tsp
- Coconut grated - 1/4 cup
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 4
- Cinnamon - small piece
- Tomato - 1
- Tamarind water
- Salt - as required